Saturday, November 29, 2008

Keep the child in you!

Your role as a leader is to plan like an adult and believe like a child.

Have you lost your youthful step, your sense of wonder?
Here is a challenge: Tell a story about your last trip, share observations that enable your family and your associates to see the person who still sees the world with wonder, who revels in fun.

"When I Grow Up" by Marchette Chute.
When I grow up, I'll carry a stick and be very dignified, I'll have a watch that will really tick, My house will be tall and made of brick, And no one will guess that it's just a trick, And I'm really myself inside.

There is a time for adventure, to believe in the unusual tactic, to bet that what is essentially good in people can be coaxed out for everyone's benefit.

For example, do you have enough optimism to leverage what might appear to be a SOFT initiative. SOFT initiatives can provide very HARD (read: financially sound) results.
Read: SOFT becomes HARD at http://www.duo.ca/hello/articles.asp?section=2

No comments: